Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Year at the Movies - 2010's Best and Not so Great

It’s time again for my summary for the year in film – 2010. I know that I missed quite a few movies this year, so my lists are based only on what I saw. I really hate that so many studios release movies at the very last minute of the year so they will be considered during award season. I have several movies to see before the nominations come out, so I will possibly revise my lists once I’ve seen them.

Laura’s Top 10 FAVORITES
These are the ones that I definitely recommend – most of them I would watch again - some of them I have seen several times already (Toy Story 3)!

10. The Fighter
9. Kick Ass
8. Black Swan
7. Harry Potter
6. The King’s Speech
5. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
4. Inception
3. The Kids are All Right
2. Social Network
1. Toy Story 3

My least favorite movies (in no particular order)
some of these were so disappointing because they had great trailers or great special effects and great actors in them whose acting just wasn’t so great- bleh…

Extraordinary Measures
Morning Glory
How Do You Know
The Last Song
Sex and the City 2
The Last Airbender
Valentine’s Day
The Bounty Hunter
Eat Pray Love
Iron Man 2

Guilty Pleasures
Won’t great any real awards, but were fun or really satisfying to watch

Easy A
Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Eclipse
Red
Salt
Percy Jackson and the Olympians – The Lightning Thief
Dear John
Letters to Juliet
She’s Out of my League
How to Train Your Dragon

There were a lot of movies that didn't make any of my lists and I'm sorry about that. Also, I feel like I missed a lot of movies last year. I promise to do my best to see the important movies in 2011. Now that Branden is becoming part of the movie industry, I will try to do more to educate myself about movies and I will definitely try to see more documentaries and independent films. Remember, these lists are based on my opinion - and when it comes down to it, just who the hell am I?

No comments: