Friday, November 4, 2011

Get a flu shot...get the flu?


On November 1st, I went to my doctor for a check up and requested a flu shot.
"Sure," said Dr. Zhang. "You should also have a pneumonia shot."
"Really?"
"Yes. You only need one every 5 years. Have you had one?"
"No."

Okay, so I had a flu shot AND a pneumonia shot - one needle in each arm. That was Tuesday. Yesterday I woke up with a very sore arm (the pneumonia shot side), a horrible headache, a crummy tummy (I will leave out the gory details) and I couldn't get warm. Did the shot give me the flu? I don't know. What I do know is that feeling like this is no fun. Besides that,  I don't like letting people down.

Guess I didn't beat the bug.

1 comment:

Don Meyer said...

Oh, Good Grief! You need that like a third thumb! Hope you are feeling better, and we see you back on Monday.

Humor from Calvin: A woman is only as old as she looks; a man is old when he stops looking!