Sunday, October 18, 2015

What a weekend!

It's amazing what you can accomplish in a weekend when you put your mind to it! On Friday evening, I went to bed early so I was up early on Saturday. Got my chores done so I got to go to the Pacific International Quilt Festival at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I spent 4 hours there admiring the amazing quilts and shopping for a few quilting essentials for myself - I'm sharing a few photos here, but trust me when I tell you that the photos don't do the quilts justice.  The skill involved in making these beauties is so advanced. I'm such an amateur, but I certainly appreciate these works of art.










Even though my "dogs were barkin'" after the quilt festival, Ron and I headed to a going away party for a friend. Got to see several people that I hadn't seen for quite a while - it was like old home week! Made me a bit nostalgic. I've missed those folks and it was great to reconnect and share contact information. Let's make sure we really do get together soon, okay?

Finally, today we headed east to see our Wild Thing who is now 9 years old! We picked him up, went to lunch then took him to his baseball game. We are thrilled that he seems to love baseball (much less chance for injury than football). He played really well - the coach had him pitch, catch and play 1st base. I'm no expert, but I think his strength is going to be in pitching. He caught a pop fly to end the game and was awarded the game ball. It was a great day!




After the game, we got Viliamu situated with a Halloween costume (it's a secret) before we headed back home. Finally, before we came back across the bridge, we stopped at a grocery store that had budget-priced pumpkins. I got all the pumpkins I need for a project at work. This is a trunk full of pumpkins...


...and home in time for a nice dinner. I feel deeply satisfied with all that we accomplished. Good weekend!

No comments: